Release Train Engineer-ARMS Business Solutions-Madison, WI
ARMS Business Solutions is a web-based vendor providing services and software solutions to insurance companies, vehicle manufacturers, fleets and collision repair centers. Our mission is simple: to bring all stakeholders in the collision repair industry together in a way that benefits everyone. Our web-based software solutions are designed to enhance performance management with complete transparency, concise measurements, and seamless data integration. We believe in the power of key performance indicators to drive improvement.
We’re looking for an ambitious and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
As a Release Train Engineer (RTE) at ARMS Business Solutions you are responsible for Agile Release Train process and execution. The RTE role combines the skills of an experienced Project Manager with those of an Agile leader in SAFe ® practices. The successful candidate will escalate impediments, manage risk, ensure value delivery, and help drive relentless improvement. The RTE participates in the Lean-Agile transformation, coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They help configure SAFe processes to the organization’s needs, standardizing and documenting practices. The RTE is driven to pursue and lead relentless process improvement for our organization.
In this role the RTE will work with others to understand ARMS Business Solutions strategic product roadmap and lead the incremental delivery of business value in collaboration with application development teams, product management, security, business process, and production support.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 8+ years of project management or related experience including at least 1 year leading Release Train efforts and multiple Scrum teams
- Certified SAFe ® Release Train Engineer or Certified SAFe ® Practitioner
- 3+ years of experience in IT using Scrum Methodology
- Current Scrum Master Certification (Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance)
- 1 year Practical Experience in Scaled Agile ® methodology and principles
- Experience using JIRA or similar project and issue management tools for work management to include backlog grooming, assigning sprint work, etc.
- Must be detail-oriented and results-oriented with strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Must have proven experience in working and communicating effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Must have skills to conduct structured walkthroughs of requirements with business and project team members.
- Must have strong teamwork qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with peers, vendors, senior management, and other departments within IT.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Hosts executive briefing to provide overall health and status toward achieving business objectives
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilitie
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 3 years practical experience in Scaled Agile ® methodology and principles
- Experience using Big Picture and/or Portfolio Atlassian Tools for Program or SAFe ® PI Management
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Nexus, LeSS, SAFe, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (ex.: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc).
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills