Senior Manager Infrastructure Dev Ops - ARMS Business Solutions
ARMS Business Solutions is a web-based vendor providing services and software solutions to insurance companies, vehicle manufacturers, fleets and collision repair centers. Our mission is simple: to bring all stakeholders in the collision repair industry together in a way that benefits everyone. Our web-based software solutions are designed to enhance performance management with complete transparency, concise measurements, and seamless data integration. We believe in the power of key performance indicators to drive improvement.
We’re looking for an ambitious and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
We are looking for a smart, passionate and results-oriented Senior Manager - Technology Leader to help us support and grow our SaaS offering. In this role, you will be responsible for handling the execution of operational, tactical, and strategic activities on a daily basis. You will also be responsible for supervising a team of employees chartered with enabling and supporting the software platform. You will be responsible for DevOps enablement teams as well as infrastructure operations.
To be successful in this role, you must have an understanding of and experience around how to effectively manage and enhance an infrastructure being utilized worldwide by a growing customer base. It will be important for this individual to be excited about figuring out how things work end to end and understanding the technical aspects of our platform. You must be able to evangelize your thoughts to help drive innovative solutions to improve and streamline processes. ARMS Business Solutions is an exciting place to work where you are interacting with the highest level of engineering talent, constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower each other.
As a Senior Manager - Technology Leader, you will be responsible for managing the execution of operational, tactical, and strategic activities within the Infrastructure/DevOps area. You will be responsible for driving priority and determining time and resources needed to complete projects and assignments. All aspects of skilled resource management, to include interviewing, hiring, coaching and rewarding performance, will be required. As a Senior Manager, you must develop and maintain standard procedures that support team activities associated with specific areas of expertise or responsibility and confirm adherence throughout the organization. In this role, you will need to build and maintain vendor relationships, and will be responsible for forecasting with respect to hardware and software required for the success of the platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Technical and professional development of team members and direct reports
- Ensuring all operational service level agreements (SLAs) are met and reported on regularly
- Ensuring high levels of external and internal customer service, technical expertise, productivity, efficiency and quality in staff performance
- Reporting on application health and issue tracking using production support metrics
- Prioritizing and assigning tasks associated to change management and incident management
- Recommending changes to processes and technologies to improve support
- Responsible for employee career planning, technical/professional development, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, performance and salary reviews
- Responsible for 24x7 support for unexpected outages
- Developing the team using your experiences, at the same time developing yourself by learning from the team experiences
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Madison, WI area
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 5+ years of work experience related to technology leadership
- 3+ years of proven experience in managing direct reports
- 2+ years experience in infrastructure management
- 2+ years of proven experience in project management
- Proven experience in ensuring high levels of external and internal customer service, technical expertise, productivity, efficiency and quality in staff performance
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to isolate problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google (GSuite)
- Proficient in process development and release management
- Possess strong multitasking skills with attention to detail
- Experience in managing tasks against deadlines, as well as mitigate risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Displayed leadership and team centric skills and strong solution orientation
- Possess strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Proven experience in being self-driven to achieve consistent performance improvement in self and employees
- Ability to independently learn and keep pace with changing technologies
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience in UNIX, Linux, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Rancher, Logz.io, AppDynamics, Jenkins, AlertSite, UpTime, or Kubernetes is preferred
- Experience in Agile methodology and Jira preferred
- Basic knowledge in web technologies such as Java, Web Services, Hibernate, Angular, ActiveMQ and Tomcat is preferred