Truck Rental - Full Time Driver
We currently have an opportunity for TWO Drivers to assist the Truck Rental Division. During shifts that require assistance in the Truck Rental Division, the driver will be responsible for moving both light duty (cargo vans and pickup trucks) and medium duty (box trucks) between branches & to/from repair shops. The main objective for drivers in this position will be to assist with overall fleet management and utilization.
The starting pay for this position is $13.00 / hour
Must be able to pass DOT Medical Exam to obtain Medical Certificate for driving before final offer is made.
No moonlighting is allowed (no other paid employment allowed).
The Driver is responsible for the transporting of medium duty trucks, cargos and heavy duty pickup trucks to and from rental locations, dealerships and vendors, as well as navigating written directions.
- Drive and deliver vehicles locally or out of area as needed, following all rules of the road
- Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Ride with or follow another driver to drop off vehicle(s) or pick up multiple vehicles
- Organize travel route and ensure vehicle paperwork is accurate and timely
- May need to communicate via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- May be asked to clean vehicles
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS/EQUIPMENT USED:
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards or physical risks, which requires following basic safety requirements, including road rules and facility regulations
- Work is performed outside in all types of weather and temperatures and in a typical office environment
- Ability to perform light duty labor which requires handling of objects up to 10 pounds as well as the ability to walk through large parking facilities, ability to sit for long periods of time and ability to get in and out of any size medium duty truck, cargo van, heavy duty pickup truck
- Moderate exposure to unusual elements such as temperature, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises, which may vary based on location
- Equipment used daily includes a large variety of vehicles (Class 2: Heavy Duty pickup truck to Class 6: (26) foot box trucks), safety belts, 2-way radio or cellular phone, phone system, computer equipment, printer, fax, printer, copier and safe equipment
- Some travel may be required for meetings and training
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of work experience
Must be qualified to drive under DOT regulations. Applicants will be required to submit an appropriate medical examiner's certificate, or submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs and have the ability to lift, carry, push or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials; and balance, stoop, kneel and crouch (medium duty labor).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Apart from religious observances, must be available to work during hours of operation Monday - Friday (8am-5:00pm) Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm
- This position requires a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years and no drug or alochol convictions in the past 5 years
- No moonlighting is allowed (no other paid employment allowed)
DOT Specific Qualifications:
We are subject to certain Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be qualified to drive under DOT regulations. Applicants will be required to submit an appropriate medical examiner's certificate, or submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination.