FT Automotive Technician- LGA Airport
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for an ASE Certified Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible, 40-hour/week schedule to include weekends, nights, and some holidays depending on business demand.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Maintain vehicle repair history by documenting a Repair Order to accurately reflect steps taken and part(s) used during the repair
- Comply with part and inventory tracking procedures
- Utilize multiple manufacturers’ websites, software and diagnostic tools
- Complete ADA installs as required upon completion of training
- Complete required manufacturer's training and perform warranty and recall repairs
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted driver's license.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must hold 4+ current and valid ASE certifications
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus
- Must have an AC Recycle Certificate
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles (produced in the last 5 years)
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must live within a 1 hour commute of this location or relocating to this area is the next 30 days
- Apart from religious observations, must be available to work 40 hours a week including days, nights and weekends
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test