Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship- LGA Airport
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Seasonal Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship. The Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship will assist with car and bus service repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards. The position will be from approximately May 15th, 2019 -September 15th 2019. This will be a seasonal full time position where you will work approximately 30-40 hours a week. Depending upon the applicant's availability, we can create a schedule that works with your school schedule if necessary and within our business hours.
Seasonal employment will end on or before September 15th 2019.
This position pays $15.50 per hour.
- Assist with repairs and preventative maintenance that are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform buy back/turn back servicing according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards; maintain Out-Of-Service at or below 2%.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted driver's license.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must be willing to accept $15.50 an hour
- Must live within a 1 hour commute of this location or relocating to this area within the next 30 days
- Must be available to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test