Full Time On Lot Drivers - Newark Airport
National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car has the exciting opportunity for Full-Time On Lot Drivers at Newark Airport!
The Driver is responsible for moving and positioning vehicles to various designated locations for servicing, transport and/or rental. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This is a Full-Time Unionized position with National Car Rental.
Pay for this position is a base hourly wage of $11.25 / hour.
An additional $.20 per hour paid for any hours worked between 2:00 pm and 7:59 pm.
An additional $.35 per hour paid for any hours worked between 8:00 pm and 4:59 am.
Overtime is paid at time-and-a-half.
Hours / schedule are based on a shift-bid, which is done on a seniority basis. As a result, we require newly hired team members to have open availability for the shift bid. Due to this process, we are unable to accommodate schedule conflicts for other jobs, school, etc.
- Drive the vehicles from return location to cleaning/servicing location; leave vehicles positioned for best access by service agents, as directed by management.
- Drive serviced vehicles to ready line area and park for easy access by customers as directed by management.
- Deliver vehicles to other locations as directed by management, such as licensee locations, rail yard, auction sites, body shops, or other corporate locations.
- Move vehicles to different areas of the lot or facility as needed and directed by management.
- Answer customer questions or direct them to the appropriate person.
- Perform other service-related duties to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers.
- Management reserves the right to modify, change or delete assigned duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted, NJ driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, with open availability including days, evenings, overnights and weekends, based on a shift bid
- Must be willing to accept starting compensation of $11.25 an hour, plus applicable shift differential for late / overnight hours. Any accumulated overtime is paid at time-and-a-half
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to this location within 30 days of anticipated start date
New Jersey DMV Requirements:
First-time drivers or under 21 years old:
If you are a first-time driver or under age 21, you must complete the mandatory Graduated Driver License (GDL) program requirements. New Jersey’s GDL program introduces driving privileges gradually to first-time drivers and individuals under the age of 21.