Full Time On Lot Drivers - Newark Airport
National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car has the exciting opportunity for Full-Time On Lot Drivers at Newark Airport!
The Driver is responsible for moving and positioning vehicles to various designated locations for servicing, transport and/or rental. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This is a Full-Time Unionized position with National Car Rental.
Pay for this position is a base hourly wage of $11.25 / hour.
An additional $.20 per hour paid for any hours worked between 2:00 pm and 7:59 pm.
An additional $.35 per hour paid for any hours worked between 8:00 pm and 4:59 am.
Overtime is paid at time-and-a-half.
Hours / schedule are based on a shift-bid, which is done on a seniority basis. As a result, we require newly hired team members to have open availability for the shift bid. Due to this process, we are unable to accommodate schedule conflicts for other jobs, school, etc. We will discuss this further during a phone interview, but please understand that open availability for our schedule will be a requirement.
- Drive the vehicles from return location to cleaning/servicing location; leave vehicles positioned for best access by service agents, as directed by management.
- Drive serviced vehicles to ready line area and park for easy access by customers as directed by management.
- Deliver vehicles to other locations as directed by management, such as licensee locations, rail yard, auction sites, body shops, or other corporate locations.
- Move vehicles to different areas of the lot or facility as needed and directed by management.
- Answer customer questions or direct them to the appropriate person.
- Perform other service-related duties to ensure our products and services meet the needs of our customers.
- Management reserves the right to modify, change or delete assigned duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted, NJ driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, with open availability including days, evenings, overnights and weekends, based on a shift bid
- Must be willing to accept starting compensation of $11.25 an hour, plus applicable shift differential for late / overnight hours. Any accumulated overtime is paid at time-and-a-half
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to this location within 30 days of anticipated start date
New Jersey DMV Requirements:
First-time drivers or under 21 years old:
If you are a first-time driver or under age 21, you must complete the mandatory Graduated Driver License (GDL) program requirements. New Jersey’s GDL program introduces driving privileges gradually to first-time drivers and individuals under the age of 21.