Full Time Return Agents - Newark Airport
National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car has the exciting opportunity for Full-Time Return Agents at Newark Airport!
The Return Agent provides superior, friendly, efficient service during all aspects of the rental car process, and assists all customers with the rental return process. The Return Agent provides professional, knowledgeable and courteous service while accurately completing all transactions. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This is a Full-Time Unionized position with National Car Rental.
Pay for this position is a base hourly wage of $12.25 / hour plus commission incentive averaging between $150-$400 / month.
An additional $.20 per hour paid for any hours worked between 2:00 pm and 7:59 pm.
An additional $.35 per hour paid for any hours worked between 8:00 pm and 4:59 am.
Overtime is paid at time-and-a-half.
Hours / schedule are based on a shift-bid, which is done on a seniority basis. As a result, we require newly hired team members to have open availability for the shift bid. Due to this process, we are unable to accommodate schedule conflicts for other jobs, school, etc. We will discuss this further during a phone interview, but please understand that open availability for our schedule will be a requirement.
- Greet all customers using prescribed, appropriate dialogue as they arrive on the lot.
- Remind customer to check for personal belongings. Identify any items found in the vehicle with a unit number, date, time and turn into lost and found.
- Advise and review rental charges; and provide an accurate receipt to the customer.
- Provide information in a professional and courteous manner regarding transportation to the airport terminal. Thank customers using the prescribed dialogue.
- Inquire about service, satisfaction and document dissatisfaction.
- Discreetly check vehicle for damage on incoming vehicles and direct customer to counter for completion of damage/loss report.
- Use of proper statement to determine if vehicle is being returned with full tank of gas.
- Complete a service alert for any mechanical and or body damage communicated by the customers.
- Identify vehicles, which are on system hold for turnback, time or mileage, recall, or any other special lock and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Identify and tag vehicles that have been flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Keep lot organized for ease of access and traffic flow.
- Understand the CDW/Emerald Aisle/Choice process; knowledge of the rental/return documents, fuel services, days/extra hours/surcharges and optional coverages.
- Understand the damage loss report reporting procedure.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted, NJ driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, with open availability including days, evenings, overnights and weekends, based on a shift bid
- Must be willing to accept starting compensation of $12.25 an hour with an average bonus of $150+ per month
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to this location within 30 days of anticipated start date
New Jersey DMV Requirements:
First-time drivers or under 21 years old:
If you are a first-time driver or under age 21, you must complete the mandatory Graduated Driver License (GDL) program requirements. New Jersey’s GDL program introduces driving privileges gradually to first-time drivers and individuals under the age of 21.