Full Time Service Agents (Car Washer)- National- Newark Airport
National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car has the exciting opportunity for Full-Time Service Agents at Newark Airport!
The Service Agent prepares and services vehicles prior to rental including: refueling, cleaning and washing, checking fluids and pressure levels of all vehicles. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This is a Full-Time Unionized position with National Car Rental.
Pay for this position is a base hourly wage of $11.50 / hour plus commission incentive averaging between $200-$600 / month.
An additional $.20 per hour paid for any hours worked between 2:00 pm and 7:59 pm.
An additional $.35 per hour paid for any hours worked between 8:00 pm and 4:59 am.
Overtime is paid at time-and-a-half.
Hours / schedule are based on a shift-bid, which is done on a seniority basis. As a result, we require newly hired team members to have open availability for the shift bid. Due to this process, we are unable to accommodate schedule conflicts for other jobs, school, etc. We will discuss this further during a phone interview, but please understand that open availability for our schedule will be a requirement.
- Inspect vehicle to ensure safety equipment is in working order; lights, tires, brakes, wipers, horn, seat belts, mirrors and back-up lights.
- Inspect vehicles for unidentified body damage.
- Clean all exterior and interior windows and mirrors and vacuum interior, floor, seats, ashtray and trunk.
- Provide positive customer service, including greetings, assistance with luggage and personal belongings, where applicable.
- Place items found in vehicles in lost and found. Direct drivers to drop off locations as necessary.
- Drive the vehicle from drop off point to service area; drive vehicle through car wash and to ready line as necessary.
- Refuel the vehicle and log identification number with fuel needed and mileage.
- Ensure that the key tag is properly marked with the correct VIN or Unit number and license plate number.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and report any unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Complete the out-of-service tag and ensure the vehicle is moved to the maintenance area.
- Identify and pull the vehicles that are eligible for turnback, flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted, NJ driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, with open availability including days, evenings, overnights and weekends, based on a shift bid
- Must be willing to accept starting compensation of $11.50 an hour with an average bonus of $200+ per month
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to this location within 30 days of anticipated start date
New Jersey DMV Requirements:
First-time drivers or under 21 years old:
If you are a first-time driver or under age 21, you must complete the mandatory Graduated Driver License (GDL) program requirements. New Jersey’s GDL program introduces driving privileges gradually to first-time drivers and individuals under the age of 21.