Part-Time Maintenance Technician
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This position pays $13/hour (up to $15/hour with ASEs). We will pay for the G1 ASE up to two times.
- Ensure all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform buy back/turn back servicing according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards; maintain Out-Of-Service at or below 2%.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Perform 109 inspection
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of 1 year experience handling mechanical service procedures
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform basic maintenance and repair responsibilities
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must be willing to accept $13.00/hour
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work 25 hours a week including afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug test
The ability to operate a motor vehicle is an essential function of this position. Applicants must have a valid, unrestricted driver's license.
*ASE certification desired. A4 (Suspension and Steering), A5 (Brakes), A7 (Heating & Air Conditioning), and X1 (Exhaust Systems) will earn you an additional 50 cents/hour/certification.