Our customers are our business. It’s been that way since the very beginning. And our Customer Service teams help us deliver extraordinary service every day. They offer assistance. They listen. And they treat every one of our millions of customers with respect. Across a variety of roles and areas, our teams help to ensure our customers’ complete satisfaction.
Administrative Representative (Phone Operator/Cashier)Job ID 228697
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Representative (Phone Operator/Cashier) at the Orlando Airport. The Administrative Representative provides support for administrative tasks required in the respective city and/or region office. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
Apart from religious observation, interested candidates must be able to work the following full-time (40 hour/week) shift schedule, including holidays:
Thursday - Sunday: 4pm-12am
- Respond appropriately to all customer inquiries and calls. Answer telephone and take messages accordingly. Direct incoming calls appropriately.
- Type reports and correspondence, copy and collate materials and receive, distribute and prepare mail.
- Establish and maintain centralized files; this may include such things as employee files, tracking vacation/sick time and time cards.
- Distribute new employee orientation materials and assist with the completion of required paperwork.
- Provide support on special projects such as title registration, fleet maintenance, maintenance tracking on vehicles, turnback recording, etc., as required.
- Order supplies and forms to maintain adequate supplies; may include supplier, vendor and repair services contact. Maintain copy and fax machines.
- Prepare payroll for hourly employees including entering data into on-line time entry system and preparation of employee control documents; new hire paperwork and personnel action forms, as required.
- Make travel arrangements as needed.
- Cash control; handle cash and prepare deposits.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Minimum 1 year experience handling basic customer service and office administration functions.
- Minimum 1 year cash handling experience.
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be willing to accept a starting pay of $10/hr ($10.50/hour after 4pm).
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work the following full-time (40 hour/week) shift schedule, including holidays: Wed:12pm-8pm, Thu-Sun: 4pm-12am, Mon/Tue: OFF.