Our fleet is always on the move. Whether you’re providing safe, well-maintained vehicles or driving them, our Automotive & Transportation team’s focus is to ensure that our customers are taken care of. They do it all. Perform preventative maintenance. Clean and detail vehicles. Transport them from branch to branch. And drive customers from airport terminals to our lots – serving as the face of our brands. Our goal is to get the work done right and return vehicles to daily rental operations.
Maintenance Technician (Oil, Lube, & Tire Technician)Job ID 228966
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician (Oil, Lube & Tire Technician) at the Orlando Airport. The Maintenance Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This position is a full-time (40 hour/week) position at the Orlando Airport.
Apart from religious observation, interested candidates must be able to work the following shift schedule, including holidays:
Thursday - Monday: 2:30pm-10:30pm, Tue/Wed: OFF
- Ensure all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform buy back/turn back servicing according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards; maintain Out-Of-Service at or below 2%.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required.
- Must be willing to accept the starting rate of pay of $11.00/hour
- Minimum of 1 year experience handling mechanical service procedures to perform fleet maintenance activities
- Must be able to work outside in covered area with exposure to all types of weather and temperatures
- Moderate physical activity which requires handling of objects up to 25 pounds with long periods of standing and walking
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform basic maintenance and repair responsibilities
Must have no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years.
- Must not have any drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must be willing to work in the Orlando Airport location.
- Apart from religious observation, interested candidates must be able to work the following full-time (40 hour/week) schedule, including holidays: Thursday - Monday: 2:30pm-10:30pm, Tue/Wed: OFF.