Service Center Support Representative
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Service Center Support Representative at the Orlando Airport. The Service Center Support Representative provides overall administrative support to the maintenance facility. Ensure that all operating standards, invoices, parts and tire purchases, a nd all shop work orders and invoice processing are completed according to policy and procedure.
- Paid time off
- Health Benefits
- Employee discounts
- 401k retirement plan
- Training and development
As you are considering a position with Enterprise Holdings, we invite you to learn more about our business. Today – and every day – the safety and wellbeing of employees, customers and the communities we serve is our top priority. For the latest on our COVID-19 response, please click here.
- This position is located near the Orlando Airport (8350 Hangar Blvd, Orlando FL 32827).
- This position is Full-Time (40 hours/week)
- This position pays $14.10 / hour.
- Apart from religious observation, interested candidates must willing to work the following full-time (40 hour/week) shift schedule:
- Monday - Friday: 7:30am-3:30pm, Sat/Sun: OFF
- Generate all maintenance related PO requests
- Process all maintenance-related invoices for payment; all maintenance related copying, filing and record keeping Maintain parts inventory within guidelines
- Monitor vehicles in outside repair shops and body shops for timely repair completion and return
- Process all repair orders and parts invoices as necessary prior to submission
- Communicate and negotiate the lowest possible parts prices while ensuring timely delivery of
- needed parts
- Purchase approved parts as required
- Data entry of all maintenance related vehicle movement
- Reconcile and maintain body shop and dealer vehicle inventory
- Conduct damage history research for turn-back vehicles
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly maintenance reports and logs
- Communicate with outside vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 2 moving violation/at fault accident within the past 2 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the past five years
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship now or in the future
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.required
- Must have knowledge of automotive parts
- Experience handling mechanical service procedures to perform fleet maintenance activities required
- Must have excellent computer, data entry and typing skills
- Moderate physical activity which requires handling of objects up to 25 pounds with long periods of standing and walking
- Moderate exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises, which may vary based on location
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must be willing to accept starting pay of $14.10/hour.
- Apart from religious observation, interested candidates must be able to work the following full-time (40 hour/week) schedule, including occasional weekends and holidays as needed: Monday - Friday: 7:30am-3:30pm, Sat/Sun: OFF.