Automotive Maintenance Coordinator Internship (Summer)
Enterprise Fleet Management, an affiliate of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, currently has a new and exciting opportunity for a Summer Internship as an Automotive Maintenance Coordinator. This is a great way to bring your automotive knowledge into a professional environment!
The Automotive Maintenance Coordinator Internship is responsible for working with repair vendors throughout the US and Canada and negotiating and approving prices on tires and maintenance services for leased vehicles on our Fleet Maintenance Program. This person also consults with our customers and sales team on vehicle maintenance. The ideal candidate would possess automotive knowledge along with excellent customer service skills.
We are looking for a candidate that is available to work 40 hours a week between the hours of 630am-9pm Monday through Saturday (one weekday off) between May and August 2022.
The pay for this position is $15.20/hr. Our team supports ASE certifications and we are an ASE recognized Blue Seal Facility. This position has the opportunity to earn an additional $0.25/hr per ASE that is current (A1-A9, T4, T8, C1, and X1).
This is a remote work from home summer internship and open to current students living in Phoenix, Arizona during the summer of 2022.
Enterprise Fleet Management is a full-service fleet management company for businesses with mid-size fleets. With over 50 fully staffed offices nationwide, Enterprise Fleet Management supplies cars, light and medium duty trucks and service vehicles to businesses in the United States and Canada.
Build and maintain professional working relationships with customers, vendors and sales groups
Contact customers and sales groups to advise on maintenance issues via phone and e-mail
Analyze tire requests to ensure correct application
Negotiate tire pricing and maintenance
Evaluate maintenance requests for necessity and to avoid duplicated services
Pro-actively recommend maintenance services
Communicate billing procedures and requirements to repair facilities
Process maintenance invoices for payment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans #LI-REMOTE
Minimum Qualifications include:
Must have permanent residence in the state of Arizona
- Must have permanent residence in Phoenix or an immediate surrounding county in Arizona
- Experience in a lube shop, tire shop, or repair facility, a plus
Currently a student pursuing an automotive degree
Able to work full time (40 hours) May/June-August 2022
Available to work between 6:30am-9pm Monday-Saturday, with one weekday off during the summer
Basic level of proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook
Basic knowledge of automotive maintenance
Basic PC knowledge and typing skills
- Willing to accept $15.20/hr base pay
- Must meet work from home technical requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Customer Service
Work from Home (WFH) Requirements:
- Must have a permanent residence in Phoenix, AZ during the summer of 2022
- Have permanent residence with defined working space (home office, spare bedroom, etc.) that is clean, ventilated and quiet
- Working space with working smoke detector, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit
Work from Home (WFH) Technical Requirements:
- Computer running a mainstream supported version of Windows or MacOS (currently Windows 7+ or MacOS 12+)
- Minimum of 4GB RAM (the cloud based system will use a minimum of 1G RAM)
- High-speed Internet connection with a minimum validated upload and download speed of 3Mb or greater (please validate using a speed test tool such as http://www.speedtest.net/)
- Working web camera for virtual collaboration.
- Workstations should connect directly to the ISP router using an Ethernet cable (wireless connections are allowed but be aware of signal strength, interference, and other factors)
- Apple or Android smartphone is needed to download the Authenticator app (must be running a current mainstream supported operating system and Internet browser version)
- Internet browsers: Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Anti-virus software must be installed and kept running at all times (included w/ Windows 10)
- Operating system patches must be installed and kept up to date