Our customers are our business. It’s been that way since the very beginning. And our Customer Service teams help us deliver extraordinary service every day. They offer assistance. They listen. And they treat every one of our millions of customers with respect. Across a variety of roles and areas, our teams help to ensure our customers’ complete satisfaction.
National/Alamo Car WasherJob ID 231115
Alamo Rent A Car has an exciting opportunity for a Car Washer/Service Agent at our Portland International Airport location! The Service Agent prepares and services vehicles prior to rental including: refueling, cleaning and washing, checking fluids and pressure levels of all vehicles. They perform all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This is a Full-Time Union Position offering 40 hours per week with benefits available, such as medical, dental, vision, 401k, and paid time off. As this is a union position, employees' schedules are based off of a three-month rotation with a shift bid based off seniority. This position pays $12.25 per hour, plus performance-based incentives. The average-performing service agent typically earns an average bonus of $300 per month.
- Inspect vehicle to ensure safety equipment is in working order; lights, tires, brakes, wipers, horn, seat belts, mirrors and back-up lights.
- Inspect vehicles for unidentified body damage.
- Clean all exterior and interior windows and mirrors and vacuum interior, floor, seats, ashtray and trunk.
- Provide positive customer service, including greetings, assistance with luggage and personal belongings, where applicable.
- Place items found in vehicles in lost and found. Direct drivers to drop off locations as necessary.
- Drive the vehicle from drop off point to service area; drive vehicle through car wash and to ready line as necessary.
- Refuel the vehicle and log identification number with fuel needed and mileage.
- Ensure that the key tag is properly marked with the correct VIN or Unit number and license plate number.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and report any unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Complete the out-of-service tag and ensure the vehicle is moved to the maintenance area.
- Identify and pull the vehicles that are eligible for turnback, flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience handling similar responsibilities preferred.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week with varying shifts and days.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have a basic understanding of the English language
This is a Full-Time Union Position. Candidates must be able to work flexible hours as the schedule works on a three-month rotation with a shift bid based off seniority. This position pays $12.25 per hour plus performance-based incentives. The average-performing service agent typically earns an average bonus of $300 per month.