Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental - a team that is committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National has an exciting opportunity for a part time Car Prep/Lot Attendant. The Car Prep/Lot Attendant prepares and services vehicles prior to rental including: refueling, cleaning and washing, checking fluids and pressure levels of all vehicles. This person will perform all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This position is located at the Richmond Airport and pays $12.00/hr.
This amount per hour does not include pay differential for those working evening shifts.
- Inspect vehicle to ensure safety equipment is in working order; lights, tires, brakes, wipers, horn, seat belts, mirrors and back-up lights.
- Inspect vehicles for unidentified body damage.
- Clean all exterior and interior windows and mirrors and vacuum interior, floor, seats, ashtray and trunk.
- Provide positive customer service, including greetings, assistance with luggage and personal belongings, where applicable.
- Place items found in vehicles in lost and found. Direct drivers to drop off locations as necessary.
- Drive the vehicle from drop off point to service area; drive vehicle through car wash and to ready line as necessary.
- Refuel the vehicle and log identification number with fuel needed and mileage.
- Ensure that the key tag is properly marked with the correct VIN or Unit number and license plate number.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and report any unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Complete the out-of-service tag and ensure the vehicle is moved to the maintenance area.
- Identify and pull the vehicles that are eligible for turnback, flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 convicted moving violations on driving record within the past 3 years
- No drug, alcohol, or reckless convictions on driving record within the past 3 years (DUI/DWI)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Apart from religious observation, must be available to work one of the following schedules not to exceed 25 hours per work week at the Richmond Airport:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday : 6:30am – 3pm