We are excited to announce an opening for an Entry Level Staff Accountant at our Group Headquarters currently located in Williamsburg, VA and preparing for a relocation to Glen Allen, VA within the next 90 days. Minimal travel to Williamsburg will be needed until the office is relocated to Glen Allen.
This position is currently hybrid with four days in the office and one day remote.
Our Business Department has a great reputation for providing fast track promotions up to Accounting Supervisor, Business Manager, and Controller positions both within the Virginia area and around the country.
Starting as a Staff Accountant, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis. You will have the chance to run your own financial operation and provide balance to the marketing and operational pieces of our business. We offer a comprehensive development program where you will work closely with sales and marketing, human resources, procurement, and more to produce excellence in customer service, growth strategies, operating efficiencies, and profitability.
As your understanding of our business grows and your ability to make solid business decisions develops, you will soon take on a supervisory role within a business management team. How fast you progress is completely up to you. With our entrepreneurial philosophy, there is truly nothing holding you back.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a Concentration in Accounting or Finance. Previous accounting experience is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent organizational and time management skills and exceptional attention to detail. Flexibility to relocate for future career opportunities within 2 - 4 years is preferred.
Starting compensation is $50,000 / yr based on a 40 hour work week with opportunity for increased salary based on CPA/CMA certifications and promotions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assuring all reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Perform Monthly close duties
- Review journal entries prepared by staff for accuracy
- Assist in annual planning budget process and monthly review
- Identify and communicate process improvements and opportunities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly supporting schedules
- Assist in annual and quarterly financial statement audits
- Establish effective communication lines with other departments
- Assist in establishment of all departmental policies
- Assist Manager with special projects as they arise
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must be willing to obtain CPA/CMA
- Must have intermediate or above proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Must be flexible to relocate outside local area/state within a 2-4 year period to accept potential promotional opportunities
- Must have a valid license with no more than 2 moving violations/speeding tickets and/or at fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years. (Points on driving record cannot exceed a total of 8 points)
- No drug or alcohol related violations on driving record (DUI/DWI) within the past 3 years
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future