Accounts Payable ClerkJob ID 246378
Enterprise Holdings has an opening for a full-time Accounts Payable Clerk to work in our Rochester, NY location. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is extremely organized, detail-oriented, and highly cognizant of the importance of maintaining confidentiality. The Accounts Payable Clerk reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining authorization for payment of vendor invoices
- Coding a high volume of vendor invoices for payment in accordance with accounting policies
- Processing payments in PeopleSoft payables system
- Filing and record retention responsibilities
- Querying and reporting on payables data
- Researching and resolving payment issues
- Reconciling vendor statements to accounting records
- Creating and implementing accounts payable efficiency tools and cost controls
- Assisting the rest of the Business Management team and other administrative departments as needed.
Candidates will have the following desired skills and qualities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet scheduled deadlines
- Excellent punctuality and attendance record
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook and other software applications
- Track record of great customer service and willingness to assist others
- Should be comfortable working independently and in a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have 1 year prior Accounts Payable experience
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED (Some College preferred).
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a valid drivers license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years (ie., DUI/DWI).
- PC knowledge with experience in Windows, Word, Access, & Excel preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to accept a pay rate of $15-$17 per hour based on prior AP Experience
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work the following schedule:
- Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM.