Automotive Technician (Sacramento International Airport)
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for an ASE Certified Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards. Also spend time doing warranty and recall repairs in the body of the message
The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, nights, and some holidays depending on business demand.
Starting pay for 4 ASEs is $24.00/hour and increases with each ASE up to $30.00/hour.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic and drivability, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Complete manufacturer recalls and warranty work according to manufacturer specifications
- Properly diagnose trouble codes and the ability to research manufacturer guidelines for repair
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. and two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school required, OR a minimum of three years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required
- 4+ current and valid ASE certifications required
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles (produced in the last 5 years)
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship now or in the future (e.g. H-1B Visa status)
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus
- Diesel experience is a plus
- Must be ok with working the following schedule: 2:30-11:00Pm, Wednesday- Sunday
- Must be ok with working full time
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories as required by, and consistent with, applicable law.