Vehicle Service Attendant - Truck Rental - Mount Prospect, IL
The Enterprise Commercial Truck Division has an immediate opening for a part time Vehicle Service Attendant (VSA) at our Mount Prospect, IL location. Our Commercial Truck Division provides transportation solutions within the commercial truck industry, renting business to business. Our goal is to provide high service levels and clean, well-maintained trucks. The VSA will be responsible for cleaning, detailing, and providing light maintenance on a diverse fleet of Medium- Duty trucks.
The starting pay for this position is $14.00 per hour.
**Full time status may be available after 90 days**
- Clean vehicle interior and exterior and also clean vehicle windshields, windows, mats, etc.
- Drive various vehicles safely and efficiently while on and off the lot and while assisting with local vehicle deliveries and miscellaneous job related duties
- Check and maintain fluid levels on all vehicles
- Notify manager of any potential unsafe equipment, conditions and vehicle problems
- Perform basic maintenance such as tire pressure, check fluids, replace marker lights, the lift gate, etc.
- Keep work area, tools, and equipment organized and in clean and working condition
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance
WORKING CONDITIONS/EQUIPMENT USED:
- Moderate physical activity- requires handling of average-weight objects (up to 25 pounds) or standing and/or walking of more than 4 hours per day
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements such as temperature, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Exposure to constant hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions caused by weather
- Contact with water or other liquids; or exposure to non-weather related humid conditions
- Work environment involves exposure to physical risks such as operating dangerous equipment (near moving mechanical parts), operating vehicles or working with or near toxic and caustic (corrosive) chemicals
- Equipment used- a large variety of ERAC vehicles (may include a 15 passenger van or Box Truck), safety belts, 2 way radio or cellular phone, phone system, computer equipment, printer, fax, safe, car jack, Slim Jim/wedge, jump box, vacuum, water hose, cleaning and polishing solutions, towel/rag, brush, stain remover, air freshener, power washer and dryer where available, bolt cutters, air compressor, tire gauge, tread depth tool.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a current and valid drivers license with no more than one moving violation and/or at-fault accident on driving record in the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions (ie., DUI/DWI) on driving record in the past 3 years
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Class C license preferred, but not required.
- Candidate cannot hold another job if hired for this position due to DOT regulations
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Mount Prospect , IL location
Must be able to work the following schedule: Monday through Friday 7am-3:30pm
We are subject to certain Department of Transportation Regulations:
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be qualified to drive under D.O.T regulations. Applicants will be required to submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination. Applicants cannot hold another job if hired for this position.