Part Time Customer Assistance Representative- Rockland/Orange County NY
The Senior Customer Assistance Representative Sr (CAR Sr) will provide a high level of customer service by assisting both internal and external customers, primarily face-to-face, supporting their branch and rental needs. The CAR Sr will gain knowledge through local training and hands-on experience to provide administrative support, service customers, and act as a rental back-up in a large home city branch or airport location.
This is a part-time position working 25 hours per week in our Rockland or Orange County locations.
Our Flagship office is located at
155 NY-304, Bardonia, NY 10954
The compensation is $13.00/hour
(schedule will be based on branch needs but will include Mondays, Fridays and weekends)
This is an ideal position and schedule for anyone who loves working with customers and is looking for supplemental income with a 2nd job or work while attending school.
- Take incoming calls- reservations, rate quotes, general questions and answers, provide information and resolution for customers, other branches, insurance companies, dealerships, repair shops and other vendors
- Manage outgoing calls for callback management, A/Rs and miscellaneous calls as assigned
- Provide a high level of customer service by assisting customers and assessing their rental needs in person and over the phone
- Meet and greet customers in a friendly and timely manner
- Provide directions and general assistance
- Assist to assess condition of rental upon return
- Process returns, check-ins and exit kiosk transactions
- Effectively market the company while picking up customers and/or dropping off customer in a safe and courteous manner
- Understand and communicate rental terms and conditions, vehicle features and other services
- May sell optional protection products, upgrades, fuel options and other additional equipment
- Responsible for notifying Management of any known vehicle problems and any required vehicle maintenance
- Clean vehicle interior and exterior by hand or by operating washing equipment when needed
- Perform various administrative and basic accounting functions such as: research and billing support tasks, accounts receivables, transfer and key logs, run miscellaneous reports, supply maintenance, process customer billing
- Perform miscellaneous and backup duties job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Senior Customer Assistant Representative
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must Have two years of college experience OR two years of customer service experience
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents within the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record (DUI/DWI) in the past 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Aside from religious observations, must be available to work PT schedule needed by branch which will include weekends
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to the location(s) you are applying to within 30 days of anticipated start date.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.