Accounting Coordinator-Cash Applications Rewards
This role is responsible for accounts receivable duties that include timely and accurate cash receipting of high volume check & electronic funds transfers. The majority of the payments are received from our insurance partners, however this role will also support our Business Rental, Fleet, and Federal Government customers as well as managing the cash receipting functions for several Rental Groups. Other functions include accounts payable and accounting duties related to payment research, allocation and refunds. This position provides the opportunity to develop AR/AP skills specifically focusing on cash receipting and will increase the candidate's knowledge of other departments as well as their knowledge of accounting software programs.
This position is located in St. Louis, MO. This position will include several training days working in the office and then transition to remote work from home due to the current Covid-19 safeguards. Working hours will be Monday through Friday with flexible start and end times for an 8 hour workday that cover the core hours of 9:00am-3:00pm.
- Receiving and remitting insurance payments to various groups
- Process high volumes of customer remittances received via check and electronic payment to outstanding receivable balances
- Act as a point of contact for accounts for payment applications
- Preparation of various accounting entries to clear receivable, issue refunds and reconcile sheet accounts
- Research and solve payment discrepancies and unidentified checks
- Manage group email boxes as central point of contact for groups
- Work with groups and corporate departments to resolve and improve remittance issues
- General filing and processing
- Assist in special projects as requested
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- Previous Accounting, Billing, AR, AP or other clerical experience preferred
- People-Soft experience preferred
- Must be willing to accept starting pay of $15.05/hour.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required.