Accounting Coordinator - Corporate Risk Management
The Corporate Risk Management Department at Enterprise Holdings has an excellent opportunity for an Accounting Coordinator. This is a great opportunity to be part of a vital department and learn more about the Corporate Risk Management Department and its responsibilities. The primary responsibility of the Accounting Coordinator is to perform the basic accounting duties of accounts receivable support for the claim centers handling car rental claims in the U.S. operations, and provide backup support to approve the setup of vendor information in the accounts payable system. This is an internal Accounts Receivable position that does not require collection calls to outside vendors or customers.
Risk Management is a unique and dynamic division of the Corporate Headquarters encompassing the areas of Insurance Accounting and Financial Services, Insurance Programs Services, Information Technology, Liability Claims, Loss Control, Vehicle Repair, and Claims Training and Analysis, as they relate to the Company’s worldwide insurance and risk financing needs. The efforts of our team, including cost management of various insurance programs protecting the Company, play a very important role in the bottom-line success of every group.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
- Receive credit card transaction data for payments made on accident claims and prepare journal entry to record deposit.
- Reconcile credit card transactions/checks to claim system entries
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable report for internal billings and prepare journal entry to record payments received
- Assign general ledger coding on airfare and car rental invoices for claim adjuster travel
- Assist Claim Centers with questions and entries related to Indemnity checks received for deposit
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare bank deposits and cash receipts
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Some college level coursework preferred
- One (1) year or more of accounting experience required
- PeopleSoft G/L experience preferred
- PeopleSoft accounts payable or vendor set-up experience preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Must be authorized to work in the US and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing
- Clearly communicates messages, thoughts, and ideas to others
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills
- Working With a Team
- Works well with a diverse group of individuals
- Places the team’s needs and goals ahead of those of the individual, when necessary
- Fosters an environment of camaraderie
- Planning and Organizing
- Schedules and plans for short-term and long-term tasks and goals
- Prioritizes activities and responsibilities to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Works in an orderly, timely, and organized manner
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
- Provides facts and details when conveying information
- Thoroughly reviews information for accuracy and consistency