About the Role
The Accounting Supervisor will oversee a team of accountants that is responsible for the preparation and completion of financial statements and balance sheet schedules for multiple dealerships across the county. Specifically, this position works with our Car Sales Shared Services team in St. Louis, MO. In addition, their team will be responsible for the review of car sale files for compliance concerns for locations. This person will be tasked with the creation and implementation of policies and procedures for this specialized area within the Car Sales Shared Services department. Additionally, this position will provide recommendations and best practices for all Shared Services dealerships.
This position is currently working on a hybrid work schedule of 3 day work in office, and 2 days work from home. This position may require additional days in the office for special projects or deadlines.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $22.5 billion in revenue and operated nearly 1.7 million vehicles in fiscal year 2020.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 9,500 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories throughout the world.
- Supervise daily, weekly, and monthly tasks of direct reports and evaluate performance
- Manage and oversee day to day activities for multiple groups including; monthly financial statements, accounting schedule completion, monthly file audit completion, and monthly statement analysis for Shared Services update call with GP employees
- Provide accurate and timely review of month end statement tasks
- Review and approve PeopleSoft transactions for timely and accurate entries
- Hire, train, develop and motivate staff
- Assist with the development of assigned employees by completing performance development meetings and annual reviews
- Identify/implement cost savings and efficient procedures for team, allowing the statement team to be prepared for effective scalable growth
- Identify and implement procedures to mitigate car sale transaction risks
- Participate with the implementation of new Shared Services processes
- Maintain training schedule and provide leadership on all facets of topics relating to the completion of Car Sales financial statements and compliance
- Delegate and manage tasks associated with Shared Services across team
- Identify opportunities to control costs nationwide by consolidating activities or providing effective report mechanisms
- May perform legal research or assist assigned groups with completing analysis based on research
- Support Proof of Concept Development – requirements gathering, questions and act as a resource, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or Business with equivalent Accounting experience
- Must have three or more years of accounting experience
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Managing and Developing People
- Building Relationships
- Working With a Team
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving