ArchitectJob ID 201683
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
Our vision is to bring additional value to our insurance, dealership and fleet partners through technology and innovative solutions that positively affect or solve current or emerging issues in vehicle rental management. These solutions will be focused on enhancing the customer’s experience, creating efficiencies and improving overall vehicle rental expense.
As an Architect on the ARMS® team, you will be responsible for understanding and translating business requirements to architectural blueprints that align with our overall technology vision. You must use your broad technical knowledge to assist in solution design and serve as a subject matter expert in more than one area of responsibility. You will participate in defining, developing, communicating and implementing standards, processes and procedures for the team. You will be asked to stay current in emerging technology trends and be willing to move past old technology when appropriate. As an Architect, you will guard the organization from technological pitfalls by applying expertise to differentiate high impact from low-value or fad trends in design. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments while ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with Engineers on the direction for development of solutions or enhancements.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and results oriented technology leader to join our ARMS® team. Major responsibilities of this role will include:
- Applying advanced knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide range of complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Providing guidance and oversight across multiple solutions to ensure security, interoperability and alignment with overall technology vision
- Setting and/or influencing the overall security strategy for the department, ensuring data protection and information security compliances are met through building effective working relationships with key departments across the company to appropriately balance the risks
- Analyzing technology/industry trends, the company’s current technology deployments, and recommending solutions to address complex and unique business requirements
- May also perform and/or oversee risk analysis; application-level vulnerability testing, security code reviews penetration testing, on-site partner assessments
- Protecting our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; following security policies and procedures; continuously identifying and recommending opportunities for improving security
- Establishing a principled style of leadership consistent with the values of the company. Creating and leading an environment that promotes ethics, integrity, and operational excellence.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Cannot have any disciplinary actions in the last 12 months
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years experience in solution architecture, design, development and deployment of large-scale business solutions
- Must be a subject matter expert in multiple technologies including infrastructure and web application development such as data base modeling, Java, REST & SOAP Web Services, back-end framework (such as Hibernate or JPA) & Spring framework
- Must have proven experience in developing conceptual and physical solution architectures for heterogeneous applications, technologies and platforms
- Must exhibit a leadership style that exhibits strategic thinking, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Must demonstrate superb relationship management skills, specifically around managing conflict and resistance to change with the ability to create a non-adversarial atmosphere and be viewed as a partner
- Must possess exceptional communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively defend ideas and solutions; convey complex information regarding risk and security issues in a manner that is easily understood and actionable
- Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
- Must possess a high degree of impact and influence via the ability to influence business decisions and constructively challenge prevailing thoughts and processes
- Must have the ability to effectively collaborate and work with others in a remote work environment
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Demonstrate past success having executed against strategy with aggressive milestones and significant deliverables
- Proven ability to work autonomously and produce results with minimal supervision
- Possess a solid awareness of the need to balance internal and external drivers when translating needs into solutions
- Adept at improving outcomes through proactive coaching and development at all levels
- Experience with Amazon Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Docker is a plus