Architectural Design Specialist - Design and Construction
As a result of continued growth and hundreds of millions of dollars in planned capital improvements, Enterprise has an exciting opportunity in our Architectural Department for an Architectural Design Specialist. We are looking for a high energy, creative, and talented individual to join our in-house planning team to create conceptual designs and design development packages on a wide variety of building types. This position also provides the opportunity to work on the owner’s side to assist and direct our outside A/E consultants, vendors, and contractors through the construction documents, bidding, and construction phases of these projects. We expect continued expansion of our architectural team as we develop the specialized skills necessary to be true industry design experts in our field, allowing our in-house design team to add value to an ever increasing percentage of our North American projects.
The Architectural Design Specialist will perform a wide variety of architectural duties that utilize computer-aided design (CAD) & Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology to develop packages ranging from schematic design to partial construction documents. This position will typically partner with outside Architect/Engineer partners and is expected to exercise extensive judgment and initiative in the execution of their responsibilities with a primary goal to improve efficiency and decrease fees paid to outside consultants.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Create new designs and/or utilize prototype documents for small ($1 million budget) to large ($10+ million budget) projects; projects are generally alterations to existing facilities, and can take up to 2 years to complete
- Serve as the primary contact for roll-outs and custom project initiatives
- Collaborate with Construction Project Managers to develop unique solutions for multiple projects types in multiple regions
- Produce drawings that may include site plans, building plans, elevations, typical details, etc.
- Help develop and build a library of AutoCAD templates, blocks, and standards
- Assist in the creation of Revit templates, families, custom elements, standards, & prototype CD sets
- Evaluate existing condition surveys, existing plans, site photos, and/or aerial photos and research local municipal zoning regulations to generate accurate schematic site plans
- Perform quality assurance/quality control on received drawings from outside firms for use in final construction documents
- Complete special drawing project requests (i.e. multiple option preliminary designs, sight line studies, site flow analysis, presentation-level graphical representations for submission to city or airport, and detailed record data)
- Help organize, update, and maintain company construction specification documents, FF&E packages, and programming standards
- Conduct facility programming, space usage, and traffic flow analyses to determine and recommend options for the best facility size and layout
- Help perform regular computer software troubleshooting and training seminars
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with outside Architect/Engineer firms and vendors
- Maintain up to date working and technical knowledge of all procedural and improvement changes to computer hardware and software applications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or design related field required (Experience in architectural design, interior design, space planning, and/or building construction technology)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Advanced level of proficiency with AutoCad required
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Revit required
- Previous experience with graphic design preferred
- Basic understanding of MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing), Structural, and Civil designs/standards required
- Knowledge of current codes, regulatory standards, and sustainability measures governing various jurisdictions required
- Previous experience with parking lot, fueling/maintenance, and retail tenant improvement design projects preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Building materials and interior design experience preferred
- Previous experience on the owner side of the contract relationship preferred
- Working With a Team
- Problem Solving