Our fleet is always on the move. Whether you’re providing safe, well-maintained vehicles or driving them, our Automotive & Transportation team’s focus is to ensure that our customers are taken care of. They do it all. Perform preventative maintenance. Clean and detail vehicles. Transport them from branch to branch. And drive customers from airport terminals to our lots – serving as the face of our brands. Our goal is to get the work done right and return vehicles to daily rental operations.
Automotive Technician - Lambert International AirportJob ID 180682
Equal Opportunity Employer
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for an ASE Certified Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and vehicle reconditioning service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, nights, and some holidays depending on business demand. The compensation for this position will begin at $18.00/hour.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic and drivability, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. and two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school required, OR a minimum of three years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required
- Must have 4 or more current and valid ASE certifications.
- Must have the Air Conditioning Recycling (ACR) 134A certification.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI
Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles (produced in the last 5 years)
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment
- A minimum of basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products required
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship by our company now or in the future
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty procedures is a plus
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift during the hours of 7:00am - 11:00pm.