Corporate Development Senior Associate
As we continue to build our team in support of our vision to the be the world’s best and most trusted mobility company, we are excited to announce the opening of a new position for a Corporate Development Senior Associate!
The Corporate Development Senior Associate provides key support to the Corporate Development team in the areas of corporate venture capital investments (minority investments through Enterprise Mobility Ventures), mergers and acquisitions (acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures), and evaluation/support of strategic partnerships. The Senior Associate identifies and sources potential venture capital targets, and supports the analysis, diligence, valuation, and negotiation of these VC targets, as well as acquisition targets, including the preparation and presentation of recommendation materials to senior management.
This role collaborates with cross-functional partners and business operators to identify due diligence issues/concerns and assess the implications to the potential transaction. This position also works closely with the acquiring business unit in identifying and quantifying synergies and strategic opportunities. The Senior Associate will be on the forefront of the Company’s continued investment in emerging technology companies to accelerate our innovation, corporate development, and learnings in the rapidly evolving sectors of mobility, electric vehicle technology, and autonomous vehicle technology.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis, MO.
Enterprise Mobility offers an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching & profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Compensation decisions will be made based on factors that include but are not limited to experience, education, location and skill level
Enterprise Mobility is a leading provider of mobility solutions, owning and operating the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries. Enterprise Mobility and its affiliates offer extensive car rental, carsharing, truck rental, fleet management, retail car sales, as well as travel management and other transportation services, to make travel easier and more convenient for customers.
Privately held by the Taylor family of St. Louis, Enterprise Mobility together with its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management manages a diverse fleet of 2.3 million vehicles and accounted for nearly $35 billion in revenue through a network of more than 10,000 fully-staffed neighborhood and airport rental locations in more than 90 countries and territories.
• Provide venture capital sourcing and due diligence with financial analysis, market analysis, business model analysis, and organizational/operational analysis
• Support the negotiation of potential venture capital investments, including round terms, syndicate formations, and term sheet development
• Support the corporate governance, growth, and exits of venture capital investments as a member of the Enterprise Mobility Ventures’ Team
• Oversee the tracking and organization of emerging technology companies and market information that meet our strategic investment focus
• Provide research and market insights from interactions with emerging technology companies/VCs/Corporate VCs in our corporate venture capital activities to Senior Management and operators of our various business units
• Conduct acquisition activities; including research, analysis, evaluations, negotiations, diligence, and integration in accordance with corporate objectives
• Engage in the M&A due diligence process, including tracking receipt of information, organizing and managing the internal/external diligence team(s), analyzing all diligence issues, synthesizing findings in reports, and arranging for diligence meetings and site visits
• Support functional team diligence of acquisitions with analyses of issues as appropriate
• Prepare and present materials to senior management related to venture capital investment and M&A opportunities
• Contribute to the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting of venture capital and M&A activity
• Support activities related to partnership development
• Interface and work across the company departments to ensure a valid analysis of short- and long-term strategic plans from an investment and acquisition perspective; regularly collaborating with the senior management and other management teams within the Operations, Finance, Administration, legal and Human Resources departments
• Interface with external C-level Executives, advisors, lawyers, corporate venture capitalists, venture capitalists, and investment bankers of potential emerging technology corporate venture capital and corporate M&A targets
• Develop relationships with internal customers, anticipating their needs, providing solutions when needed, and consistently meeting or exceeding their expectations to help expedite analysis and completion of transactions
• Develop, establish, and implement the evaluation criteria for new opportunities; ensuring the financial analysis/modeling is conducted, and transactions are evaluated consistently within the overall context of shareholder value and business objectives
• Assist with special projects on an ad hoc basics
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or Engineering
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 4+ years’ experience in buy-side mergers and acquisition engagements as part of Investment Banking, Private Equity, Family Office, or Corporate Development role
- 4+ years’ experience conducting due diligence in multiple disciplines and producing and presenting analysis, valuation, and recommendation materials
- 4+ years of demonstrated practical application of financial accounting and corporate finance with expertise in those issues associated with corporate and venture capital transactions and acquisitions
- 4+ years’ experience in domestic and international transactions ranging from $10 million to $1+ billion Enterprise Value, with proven experience with multiple transaction types including, private and public companies, asset and stock transactions, divestitures and spin-offs, tender offers, IPOs, and other liquidity pathways, etc.
- 4+ years’ experience working on deal teams and identifying operational, legal, and functional issues
- 4+ years’ experience analyzing financial statements from a credit and investment perspective
- 4+ years’ experience integrating businesses across all functions (Operations, HR, IT, Risk, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting
- 4+ years of Venture Capital or Private Equity experience, including deal flow generation, deal analysis, deal presentation to investment committee, board member representation, strategic analysis, strategic input and support of portfolio companies, operational support and recommendations of portfolio companies, deal negotiation, legal negotiation, liquidation of investment, written and verbal communication with General Partners
- Building Relationships
- Decision Making
- Persuading and Influencing