Department Manager - Productivity Engineering
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands — which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Department Manager to lead our Field Technology Productivity Engineering area. This position will be responsible for helping deliver the company’s strategic vision to enable increased collaboration and productivity in the future modern workplace. This is a great opportunity to help lead the digital transformation of a highly successful enterprise.
The Productivity Engineering Department Manager will have responsibility for an area that delivers key business capabilities while ensuring an exceptional user experience for our employees. This role will have global responsibility for the technologies that support the collaboration and messaging including Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online, Skype, SharePoint, Teams, etc. This area is part of a larger department that also has responsibility for all End User computing devices including desktops, laptops, virtual desktops, tablets, and handhelds.
- Innovative with a growth mindset. This is a rapidly evolving area with a lot of moving parts. People who require strict work boundaries or are not always intellectually curious are not a good fit.
- Passionate and Determined. We are looking for someone with passion for leading and developing people while leveraging technologies to provide business capabilities.
- Embrace and drive change. This person can anticipate change and is willing to embrace uncertainty confidently while championing change with the team.
- Execution oriented. This person loathes doing nothing and can define their path forward from a high-level vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Must reside onsite at one of our three St. Louis, MO based campuses, Maryland Heights, Weldon Spring or Clayton
- 8 or more years of related experience
- 5 or more years of IT leadership experience
- Must be capable and committed of driving focus on capabilities rather than specific technologies
- Proven ability to balance risk with business priorities and apply the appropriate sense of urgency to issues
- Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to understand requirements, convert those requirements into technical workstreams and successfully develop technical solutions
- Must exhibit a leadership style that prioritizes strategic thinking, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Superb relationship management skills, specifically around leading change
- Proven ability to create a non-adversarial atmosphere and be viewed as a partner across an organization
- Exceptional communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively defend ideas and solutions; convey complex information in a manner that is easily understood and actionable to both non-technical and technical leaders
- Proven success creating, implementing, and executing transformational strategy
- Experience in leading large-scale global transformations
- Experience with cloud-based collaboration and productivity technologies such as Microsoft Office 365 or other related non-Microsoft based technologies
- Experience with End User computing devices including desktops, laptops, virtual desktops, tablets, and handhelds