Director of Customer Understanding - Customer Experience
The Director of Customer Understanding will lead the practice of capturing, analyzing, and summarizing customer sentiment to ensure the voice of EH customers is well understood and available for use as we develop new business, consumer, product, and technology opportunities. The Director will lead the customer research, persona development, design evaluation, and voice of customer functions.
The Director's priorities will include the development of an omni-channel approach to customer feedback, development of customer personas and communication of their use across the company, achieving a "closed loop" approach to all customer feedback obtained and prioritized, the development of a generative customer research program aimed at understanding our customer's unmet needs, and the recurring communication of customer pain points across the customer journey. The director will lead a team of employees to ensure department objectives can be reached.
The director will work closely with other teams within the customer experience department – design strategy and strategy and planning – to ensure their outputs are in line with customer and company priorities alike. The Director will ensure customer understanding resources needed across Enterprise Holdings from departments including Product Development, Marketing, and IT is strategically planned, tracked, and forecast on a recurring basis.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Develop and execute generative and evaluative research strategy aimed at better understanding known and unknown customer needs
- Organize partnerships with research agencies and manage cost and timeline for various research types
- Synthesize and present key findings from ongoing customer research to depict pain points defined in current state customer journeys
- Work closely with Design Strategy and CX Strategy + Planning to validate the usefulness of concepts by way of acquiring insights from customers directly
- Provide direct customer insights as to improvement opportunities on developed concepts
Persona Development & Management:
- Develop and maintain a set of customer personas rooted in qualitative and quantitative data
- Ensure customer personas are well understood and appropriately leveraged across Enterprise Holdings thereby ensuring design is executed with these personas in mind
- Evangelize the use of personas across Enterprise Holdings by way of regularly explaining who we are designing for, why, and what these personas expect to get from Enterprise Holdings based on their stated needs and objectives
Ongoing Voice of Customer Analysis:
- Develop strategy to gather all data available from the voice of the customer by working with teams across Enterprise Holdings (Customer Excellence, Marketing, Product, Operations)
- Analyze the voice of customer information to define near and long-term opportunities to improve Enterprise Holdings’ customer experience
- Provide insights to Design Strategy and CX Strategy + Planning as they execute new design efforts
- Design and create a conceptual and systematic approach to ensure all areas where customers leave feedback are heard and leveraged in our human-centered design practice
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Ten years Customer Research, Market Insights, Voice of Customer, Customer Analytics Required
- Leading and Inspiring People
- Building Relationships
- Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making