Director of Sustainability
Enterprise Holdings is excited to announce the opening for a Director of Sustainability!
The Director of Sustainability is responsible for the direction and coordination of our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) programs and work with senior leadership to partner in formulating strategy and communication around these key initiatives. This Director manages and runs strategic assessments of sustainable initiatives that emanate from the intersection of our business and stakeholders focused primarily on social, economic, and environmental impact of products and services, long-term risks and key partner management.
Enterprise offers an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching & profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $23.9 billion in revenue and operated more than 1.85 million vehicles in fiscal year 2021.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at nearly 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in more than 90 countries and territories throughout the world.
• Lead external sustainability initiatives, including research, development of program and processes, internal stakeholder discussion to contribute to development of business goals, and creating value for sustainability team, e.g.i.e. Carbon trading, water assessment;
• Assess areas of thought leadership to determine next areas of focus when building five-year strategic sustainability goals, and work to include stakeholders in design/plan.
• Integrate global sustainability trends as well as monitor and track EHI’s sustainability goals to confirm relevance and proactive status as a leader in this field; provide reporting to Executive Committee on Sustainability. Establishment of carbon inventory and other data driven processes for Enterprise Holdings, in partnership
with external consultants and auditors; monitor progress and update with Executive Committee on Sustainability
• Monitor and provide strategic guidance to corporate departments on new or developing sustainability programs; and oversee development of impact studies to show promotion of sustainability within organization
• Develop relationships with other sustainability contacts within local and global corporations, with particular emphasis on top 100 corporate customers
• Develop and provide guidance on sustainability messaging on behalf of company as well as in a variety of public policy arenas, including non-government organizations
• Enhance and document Enterprise Holdings’ sustainability efforts, which continue to be monitored by major accounts – including corporate clients, travel industry partners and insurance partners – and airport authorities through the standard RFP process
• Develop and manage annual sustainability report, working with internal teams and vendors to collect information and design, as well as GRI verification
• Establish and cultivate mutually beneficial working relationships with external orgs – e.g. Arbor Day, Climate Care, Conservation International, Danforth Plant Science Center, National Forest Service, Nature Conservancy, TerraPass, and others
• Develop internal communications strategy through sustainability presentations to internal audiences, i.e. Executive Committee, Human Resources, Departmental Training Seminars, Sales teams, Corporate teams, business analysts, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 10 years Previous Sustainability experience
- 10 years Experience with ESG projects and initiatives
- Experience partnering with Senior leadership on company initiatives with a global company
- Comprehensive project management experience
- Experience in electrification projects
- Experience in partnering with government agencies
- Leading and Inspiring People
- Building Relationships
- Decision Making
- Persuading and Influencing