Electrical Systems Specialist
About the Role
The Electrical Systems Specialist will oversee the design, installation, operation, maintenance, and replacement of all electrical infrastructure at all St. Louis area campuses and buildings. This position will have a specific focus on critical power systems and processes. This role will support Enterprise Business Campuses throughout the greater St. Louis area.
OSHA, Arc Flash Safety and Electrical Safety certifications are a plus. We are seeking individuals with experience servicing heavy duty electrical infrastructure. This position requires availability for off hours and on-call work.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management – which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings’ annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings’ regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the company’s three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
This position is located at our campus in Weldon Springs, MO.
- Create and maintain an inventory of all electrical gear across all campuses and buildings
- Research all electrical gear for end-of-service, end-of-parts, end-of-life planned obsolescence; establish annual updates and plans
- Research and recommend implementation plans and costs for replacement gear
- Conduct job safety analysis (JSA) and recommend new, improved, or additional preventive and predictive maintenance techniques, to include costs and schedules
- Develop and maintain a system to track loads, alarms, deviations, etc. of all electrical gear
- Update and/or create Electrical Systems Procedures (ESP)
- At regularly scheduled intervals, visit each site for visual inspections and logging purposes
- Attend all critical preventive maintenance (PM) Saturdays/off hours, at all campuses
- Review and advise on all relevant Vendor provided inspection reports
- Be on-call and serve as a point of contact for all electrical emergencies
- Offer electrical design input for new or retrofitted spaces
- Create and recommend budgets for diagnostic tools and safety gear
- Monitor contractors for procedural, safety, environmental, and risk mitigation process compliance
- Establish necessary training to remain current on equipment and codes
- Train &provide technical expertise to in-house Maintenance Technicians
- Perform reviews and ensure annual code compliance with the National Electric Code (NEC), the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), etc.
- Maintain inspections, records to ensure environmental compliance for fuel storage tanks.
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must have no more than 2 at-fault accidents/moving violations in the last 3 years
- Must have no drug or alcohol related driving convictions in the last 5 years
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have 5+ years of experience with critical electrical infrastructure and generator systems
- Must be available for off-hours and on-call work
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Must have working knowledge of critical electrical infrastructure components including Uninterruptible Power Supply systems and their various components, Switchgear, Distribution Panels, Motor Control Centers, generators, fuel systems, etc.
- Must have the ability to read, understand, and update electrical drawings and electrical one-lines
- Must be able to quickly assess deviations from normal operations and recommend and/or perform procedures to return to normal status
- Must be able to quickly respond to and work under emergency conditions