Engineer 1, JavaJob ID 215438
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Enterprise Fleet Management (EFM) is a full-service fleet management company for businesses with mid-size fleets. With 57 fully staffed offices nationwide, EFM supplies cars, light and medium duty trucks and service vehicles to businesses in the United States.
Enterprise Fleet Management Information Technology (EFMIT) provides streamlined and effective solutions to serve our growing operation. We offer solid architectural platforms with a strategic focus that clearly align to business growth and improving the customer experience. The Fleet Management systems, including EDGE, Fleet Commissions, Fleet Web and Autodata, are web based applications built using J2EE technology and are integrated with our PeopleSoft financials system as well as our Oracle BI data warehouse.
Being a member of EFMIT offers all the advantages of a smaller shop including the opportunity to shape a more progressive architecture. Professionals who effectively navigate change and readily wear many hats will find this an opportunity to maximize skill diversity and build broad IT experience.
The starting salary for this position is $55,000-$65,000 annually based on experience.
EFMIT has an opportunity for a Software Engineer that is responsible for designing and developing prototypes as well as performing application development. This position interprets end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for custom-developed applications. The Software Engineer also analyzes and reviews software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints. In addition, this position performs unit and integration testing and assists with developing unit test scripts. The Software Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the software project life cycle including up front analysis and estimation of the various tasks.
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future to work
- Available to work in the St. Louis office
- Proficient knowledge of Java & SQL
- Understanding of J2EE (including JSP, EJB, JDBC, , XML, and associated technologies) and the use of those technologies in n-tier development environments
- Proficient knowledge is also expected in object-oriented application development principles, theories, and concepts using J2EE specific design patterns and usage
- Experience with Eclipse is a must.
- Experience with Junit & Log4j is a plus
- Experience with build scripts (Ant and Gradle are a plus).
- Knowledge of Unix operating systems
- Knowledge of Oracle database environment is a plus
- Experience with the use of version control systems for code management (Git is a plus)
- Experienced with UML diagramming
- Experience with front end designing including prototypes and templates
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Accounting background is a plus but is not required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft financials is a plus but not required.
- Experience with the Mulesoft Mule ESB is a plus but not required.
- Experience with an Agile/Kanban/Scrum development process is a plus but not required.
- Understanding of SOA is preferred
- Experience with the Atlassian Toolset is a plus but not required.
- Working experience with front end tools such as JQUERY and AngularJS.
Qualified applicants must also possess the following skills/competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various IT teams
- Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to judge between what is requested and what is feasible given the parameters of the technology and the project, and be able to demonstrate the ability to identify impending problems and raise and solve issues
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills which include the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and set priorities
- Excellent personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent meeting participation and facilitation skills; including the ability to keep meetings focused, manage conflict, and summarize meeting highlights and tasks