Engineer 1, PeopleSoft - Fleet Management ITJob ID 249290
Enterprise Fleet Management is a full-service fleet management company for businesses with mid-size fleets. With 58 fully staffed offices nationwide, EFM supplies cars, light and medium duty trucks and service vehicles to businesses in the United States.
Enterprise Fleet Management Information Technology (EFMIT) provides streamlined and effective solutions to serve our growing operation. We offer solid architectural platforms with a strategic focus that clearly align to business growth and improving the customer experience. The Fleet Management systems, including EDGE, Fleet Commissions, Fleet Web and Autodata, are web based applications built using J2EE technology. PeopleSoft Financial modules used in EFMIT are Asset Management, Accounts Payables, Purchase Order, Lease Management (Real Estate), Billing , Accounts Receivables and General Ledger.
Being a member of EFMIT offers all the advantages of a smaller shop including the opportunity to shape a more progressive architecture. Professionals who effectively navigate change and readily wear many hats will find this an opportunity to maximize skill diversity and build broad IT experience.
Looking for candidates with experience as java developer, IT programmer, J2EE, IT application developer, software engineer, software developer, who are looking for an IT opportunity with a stable industry leader.
EFMIT has an opportunity for a Software Engineer 1 on the Application Development team. You will work on various PeopleSoft modules and will be part of a team responsible for all phases of an agile-like software development lifecycle.
As an Engineer 1 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You will also be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques. You will be participating in implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions.
You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations. We are seeking an ambitious and talented career-minded professional who would like to experience new opportunities and enhance their current interpersonal and technical skill set while working in a collaborative environment.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Individual contributor performing both application design and coding
- analyze, translate, re-factor, and code software applications per specifications
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving complex software application problems
- Develop and maintain unit tests that improves software quality
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Review, analyze and implement business requirements on assigned projects
- Implement standards, processes and procedures for the department
- Use system traces and debugging tools for problem determination and system tuning
- Maintain documentation on application modifications and updates
- Participate in migration of applications to quality assurance and/or production environment
- Maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards
- Participate in support activities and on-call rotation
- Participate in IT security and compliance remediation activities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Authorized to work in the US and will not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Available to work in the St. Louis office
- Experience with unit testing
- Must possess a understanding of Object Oriented design principles and patterns
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials 9.X, PeopleTools 8.5X or above and PeopleSoft General Ledger Module
- Knowledge of Application Engine, Integration Broker, PeopleCode and SQR
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Purchase Order, Lease Management (Real Estate), Asset Management, Billing and Accounts Receivable Modules
- Knowledge of TWS work scheduler or similar work scheduling tools
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with Atlassian tool suite
- Accounting background or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
Qualified applicants must also possess the following skills/competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various IT and business teams
- Good problem solving and analytical skills which include the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and set priorities
- Excellent personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization, and attention to detail