Engineer 1, Software (Java)Job ID 230728
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Rental Billing department is responsible for the maintenance and management of the billing and invoicing software that impacts customers who rent cars or trucks globally from Enterprise Holdings. This includes maintaining and managing interfaces with internal applications and delivering electronic data to external organizations and customers. This is an exciting time to be part of the Rental Billing team as we are continuing to globally expand!
As an Engineer 1, Software you will be responsible for developing prototypes and performing application coding, as well as have the opportunity to assist in the design. As an Engineer 1, you will work with a team to test, research and investigate technology and assist with the requirements gathering of the solutions. We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards. You will perform unit and integration testing and may assist with developing unit test scripts, along with some automation. As an Engineer 1, Software, you may normally receive general instruction on routine work and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 1+ years' experience with Java or another object oriented programming language
- Must have knowledge of SQL programming
- Must have knowledge of Oracle stored procedure development
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams and business units
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience in core application development and troubleshooting
- Experience with developing and using RESTful web services
- Exposure to ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar technologies
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Struts or Spring MVC
- Working knowledge of ORMs such as Hibernate
- Experience using development tools including JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Maven, and Jenkins
- Proficient Strong Defect/bug fixing skills
- Proficient Testing/Code Review skills