Engineer 1, Software (Java)Job ID 232060
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Reference Data Department is excited to announce an opportunity for an Engineer 1 to join our dynamic team. This role will work in an Agile environment and will be responsible for designing, developing, building, testing, implementing and supporting critical solutions for Enterprise Holdings, Inc..
As an Engineer 1 you will be responsible for developing, modifying and implementing elements of technology to meet business requirements. You will have the opportunity to assist in the design, and will work with the team to test, research, and investigate technology options and assist with the requirements gathering of the solutions. You will be responsible for modifying code/scripts, and developing application code independently using applicable technology. This is an exciting role in a fast paced, collaborative team that consistently works on high-priority efforts to meet the organizational needs. We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet business expectations and quality standards.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 1+ years of experience developing software applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand and challenging environment
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and deepen existing expertise
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum, JIRA, and Confluence
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with people of varying technical knowledge
- Experience with Maven, Git/BitBucket, Jenkins
- Experience with application servers such as WebLogic and Tomcat
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate Framework
- Experience with Groovy Script
- Experience with Data mapping and conversion tools (Altova MapForce and Altova Stylevision)