Engineer 2, Database Administration (Maria DB/PostgreSQL/MySQL)Job ID 196601
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 93,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.7 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, Database Administration you will play a significant role in the implementation and maintenance of production databases on Unix and Linux based platforms. In addition, you will monitor daily database activities, overall performance and growth as well as the security of the databases.
You will be an integral part of our high performing Data Management team. We provide a broad range of database services for our application development teams such as database creation, monitoring, backup and recovery, data refresh, upgrade, capacity management, and performance tuning. We are committed to providing a consumable, safe, scalable, and reliable database environment by performing regular security compliance management and proactive vulnerability remediation in everything we manage.
- Provide Database Administration and support of open source Databases such as Maria DB/PostgreSQL/MySQL to the application development teams
- Implement and support Administration tasks such as backup and recovery procedures, database utilities, and data replication technologies for both PROD and NON PROD environments
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to application development teams
- Create and maintain UNIX and SQL scripts to automate tasks such as monitoring and generating reports
- Log, schedule and track all changes using change management system tools
- Responsible for all corrections and repairs to the database infrastructure
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years Database Administration experience in both building and maintaining Open Source Databases such as MariaDB, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding of SQL in different database environments
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Strong functional knowledge of UNIX/Linux OS environments
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash and Perl
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience working with AIX and RedHat Linux
- Exposure to Oracle to Open Source migrations
- Familiar with ETL techniques
- PL/SQL or PL/pgSQL scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of database firewall concepts
- Familiarity with cloud solutions like Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure