job details at a glance
Primary LocationSt. Louis, MO - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
Engineer 2, Database Administration (Postgres/PostgreSQL)
Enterprise Fleet Management is a full-service fleet management company for businesses with mid-size fleets. With 57 fully staffed offices nationwide, EFM supplies cars, light and medium duty trucks and service vehicles to businesses in the United States.
Enterprise Fleet Management Information Technology (EFMIT) provides streamlined and effective solutions to serve our growing operation. We offer solid architectural platforms with a strategic focus that clearly align to business growth and improving the customer experience. The Fleet Management systems, including EDGE, Fleet Commissions, Fleet Web and Autodata, are web based applications built using J2EE technology.
Being a member of EFMIT offers all the advantages of a smaller shop including the opportunity to shape a more progressive architecture. Professionals who effectively navigate change and readily wear many hats will find this an opportunity to maximize skill diversity and build broad IT experience.
As an Engineer 2, Database Administrator (PostgreSQL), you will leverage your data design and development expertise as part of a developing AWS database team. You will maintain the physical data model, queries, and service interface for the loading, querying, and maintenance of data in a Postgres database and other data sources. You will also coordinate data management tasks in support of data quality efforts, tune queries for optimal performance, and develop DDL and DML scripts for Postgres. As a member of our AWS database team, you will be involved in all aspects of the solution involving the backend database. We will rely on your leadership and innovative problem solving skills using a variety of Open Source and Enterprise level technologies. You will be part of a team, which is responsible for all phases of an emerging agile software development lifecycle.
Our office is located at 9315 Olive Blvd.Currently, this position will train and work from home as a safety precaution due to COVID -19. When it has been determined that office work is safe to return to, this position will remain flexible and offer opportunities for on-site and work from home options.
- Individual contributor performing data design, modeling, coding and day to day maintenance
- Work with subject matter experts to locate and understand the data then analyze and implement business requirements within time and cost restraints
- Build database scripts to support ETL, DDL, OLTP, Data Warehouse, and CrUD operations
- Develop data migration strategies to support a cloud/on premise database environment.
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced engineers
- Define, develop, document, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the department
- Identify issues and escalate risks to project leadership, if necessary
- Production systems support and on-call duties are also required in this role
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 2 years Postgres DBA hands on experience
- Strong understanding of Postgres configuration including vacuuming, user/role permissions and partitioning
- Strong understanding of SQL tuning and optimization of query plans
- Proven knowledge and experience in designing database schemas to align with development and business goals and objectives
- Strong and proactive leadership ability
- Strong communication skills with the ability to transcend the organization with appropriate levels of detail
- Strong teamwork, decision-making, documentation and analytical skills
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Experience with AWS Aurora platform.
- Experience with other AWS database platforms such as Redshift and Dynamo DB
- Experience with Agile development practices, Jira and Confluence.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Drives open communication in team; strong ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences and across levels in the organization; able to leverage multiple modes of communication; exhibits cultural sensitivity in communication
Collaborative & Team Focused
- Actively seeks out and values input from team members and key stakeholders; highly effective and agile in operating as a member of multiple teams; actively shares valuable information within and outside of team; builds relationships and collaborates with one’s team, as well as teams across the organization; participates in teambuilding activities; takes time to understand and partner with other IT teams; champions a team mentality and creates an environment that fosters collaboration and idea sharing within and outside of one’s team
- Places a critical emphasis on understanding customer needs, prioritizing work appropriately and leveraging internal and external business partners to enable quality solutions
Models EHI Culture
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards EHI and team members; operates with trust and transparency; exhibits a strong degree of flexibility; adapts easily and quickly to change; flexible and agile in work and problem solving approach; adapts work methods and behaviors to changing conditions, new technology and business trends; possesses an appreciation for others’ strengths, adapting to and leveraging what others uniquely bring
Owns the Outcome
- Takes ownership of responsibilities - leveraging both internal and external service-oriented business partners - and holds self and others to high standards; successfully delivers in the face of ambiguity; goes above and beyond to improve and exceed expectations; exhibits a strong work ethic, as well as ownership of individual and team results; recognizes and drives solution opportunities and improvements
- Stays current on technology trends and how they impact one’s function; drives solutions by proposing, initiating, or explaining technical ideas to solve major problems; stays up-to-date on latest technology trends
Thrives in Change
- Embraces, adapts, and proactively responds to change; manages risk and uncertainty; takes conceptual ideas and turns them into reality; proponent of change; with an appreciation and respect for the past, pushes past norms and involves champions who will adopt new approaches and technology; avoids a reactive approach by constantly looking for and implementing new opportunities; remains flexible to meet changing and sometimes opposing demands; approaches change in a thoughtful and logical manner
Thinks & Acts Innovatively
- Uses technical and professional knowledge to design new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or unavailable; pushes past the status quo and questions common practices in order to identify better ways of doing things; recommends and implements improvements and provides others with freedom to explore and be inventive; encourages others to frequently take a fresh look at existing policies, practices, and programs
- Influences to achieve small wins within own team or department that support an overall vision as set forth by leadership; understands and explains benefits of initiatives
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.