Engineer 2, Network (Security)Job ID 250361
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As part of the Network Engineering team, you’ll help architect, design and implement the infrastructure needed to support world-class business solutions across our global networks. You’ll work on modern, enterprise-class routing, switching, load balancing and firewall platforms and collaborate with peer teams to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions to our customers.
The Network Security Engineer will assist a team for the architecture, design, and support of Enterprise Holdings. The team will architect and design security parameters within the next generation firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and other related network technologies. You’ll be responsible for the team’s overall success and for performance management activities associated with the individual team members. You’ll work closely with our Information Security Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3+years of Network Security related engineering experience
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco/Sourcefire
- Experience creating and maintaining standard operating procedures and guides for new and/or existing perimeter hardware and software
- Strong ability to work alone or in groups, managing multiple projects and finding solutions to keeping projects on track
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties
- Experience using technical knowledge of current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems and applications to specify solutions, verify the solutions that have been implemented, and rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Detailed understanding of Next Generation firewalls and associated security mechanisms such as VPN and SSL/TLS
- Experience working with routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF
- Experience with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP/RMON and RDP
- Experience with Cyber Security Standards (e.g. NIST SP 800-53, ISO 270001, etc.)
- Understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Ability to analyze, use and configure large enterprise networks
- Maintains security posture by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon
- Experience in programing and/or scripting desired