Engineer 2, Network (Wireless/WAN)Job ID 230438
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
As part of the WAN Engineering department, you’ll be helping to architect, design and integrate solutions to provide connectivity to nearly 9,000 branch offices worldwide. You’ll have the opportunity to work across multiple teams to help deliver innovative solutions to provide our branch offices access to services on the Internet and in our data centers. Through familiarity with emerging technologies, security and design practices, you can help provide our branches a secure and responsive network solution to rely on while they service customers.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer.
As a Engineer 2, you will be designing and testing network solutions supporting our Wide Area Network. Typical technologies include IP routing, switching, load balancing, Wide-Area Network (WAN) access, and wireless technologies across a variety of network platforms. The scope of your role will include developing and implementing new designs, adapting existing designs to meet new requirements, evaluating new software and hardware revisions and supporting deployment teams, particularly for complex branch deployments.
- Designing, developing and modifying elements of our technology
- Evaluating elements of our technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and making recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness
- Implementing, operating and maintaining elements of our technology
- Creating and maintaining documentation for elements of our technology
- Listening to and evaluating WAN Solutions’ customer needs to determine expectations and needs and provide solutions that align with them
- Protecting our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; following security policies and procedures
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3+ years’ of Network Engineering experience
- 2+ years experience in wireless networking technologies within complex deployments
- Must have proven experience in routing and switching in large complex networks
- Must have recent network design experience or strong network configuration experience
- Previous experience configuring/administering LAN/WAN/MAN communications and network hardware such as routers, switches, VPN and firewalls
- Previous experience testing and analyzing software releases impact to network security
- Adept at improving outcomes through proactive coaching and development at all levels
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- CCNA and/or CCNP certifications