Engineer 2, NetworkJob ID 221757
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Network Engineering team designs and supports our ever-growing global network infrastructure comprised of WAN, MAN, campus LAN and Data Center environments. Being part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to design and develop scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet our high service standards and business objectives. You’ll also have the opportunity to grow your technical skills as you work on different areas of our network and partner with vendors to explore the feasibility of incorporating new solutions and architectures to further position us to meet future business technology demands. As your knowledge and ability to work across the network environment increases, you’ll have opportunities for increased responsibility and career progression through a variety of network engineering and architect roles.
You will be responsible for implementing, monitoring and maintaining the organization's local data center, metropolitan, and global-wide area networks. You will troubleshoot network problems and implement new network solutions. You will support Internet Protocol (IP) routing, switching, load balancing, Wide-Area Network (WAN) access, and wireless technologies across a variety of network platforms. Core duties include, but aren’t limited to, accepting incoming work through our various our support channels and then triaging, diagnosing and remediating issues that affect our business solutions and users in adherence with posted Service Level Agreements. In addition, you will be challenged to investigate, identify and resolve pervasive and/or chronic issues that negatively affect the computing environment. Expected outcomes will include developing temporary work arounds and permanent fixes to reoccurring network-related issues. This work will require excellent customer service and communication skills where you will work closely with our customers, vendors and internal and external partners to achieve the desired outcomes. Candidates must possess deep analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to present findings and recommendations in a summarized format to various levels of management.
You will provide third level support for the organization's global networks. Supported competencies include enterprise-class routing, switching, load balancing and firewall solutions in the datacenter, cloud and across the WAN. Direct experience with Cisco ACI, F5 ADC’s, Palo Alto Firewalls is preferred. Experience using management systems such as Infoblox NetMRI, IBM’s NetCool, Splunk, VitalSuite, Cisco Prime and NetScout/Wireshark. Candidates must be able to perform packet captures and possess the ability to perform decodes and draw conclusions from the data. You will routinely work with peer support teams and service providers to quickly resolve complex networking problems and restore service to our customers.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3+ years of Network Engineering experience supporting a large scale, complex environment
- Must have experience scripting with Python, Perl, VBA, RegX or similar
- Previous experience configuring/administering LAN/WAN/MAN communications and network hardware such as hubs, routers, Ethernet switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls and load balancers
- Must have at least a Cisco Network Associate level of understanding
- Must have proven experience in routing and switching in large complex networks
- Must have displayed leadership and team centric skills and strong solution orientation
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating, in both written and verbal formats presenting information in an audience appropriate manner
- Be comfortable in delivering information to medium to large audiences
- Demonstrated excellence in troubleshooting, identification, isolation, and resolution of network issues
- Proven expertise with performing network captures and packet decodes
- Possess expertise in working with Microsoft Excel and Visio applications
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, absorb large amounts of information in short periods of time and multi-task effectively.
- Basic knowledge of DNS and DHCP, Infoblox and ITIL Foundations
- Possess industry-standard certifications such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE
- Direct experience with Cisco ACI, F5 ADC’s, Palo Alto Firewalls is preferred
- Experience managing large and complex assignments
- Experience working with routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF; working with network topologies and media such as Ethernet, Frame Relay, ATM, SONET, FDDI, DWDM and MPLS
- Experience working with network security mechanisms such as VPN, IPSEC and SSL
- Experience working with and knowledge of, converged network solutions that deliver data, real-time video and voice over the same IP network
- Experience working with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP/RMON and RDP
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or 5-year experience supporting large, complex networks related field preferred