Engineer 2, Networking
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
The Network Engineering team designs and supports our ever-growing global network infrastructure comprised of LAN, MAN, and Data Center environments. Being part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to design and develop scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet our high service standards and business objectives. You’ll also have the opportunity to grow your technical skills as you work on different areas of our network and partner with vendors to explore the feasibility of incorporating new solutions and architectures to further position us to meet future business technology demands. As your knowledge and ability to work across the network environment increases, you’ll have opportunities for increased responsibility and career progression through a variety of network engineering and architect roles.
As a Network Engineer with Data Center focus, you’ll be responsible for designing, evaluating, testing, and implementing a feature rich enterprise network. You will be responsible for traditional designs as well as newer next-generation security designs. You will participate and lead design discussions with a talented team of Engineers and Architects. You will work with other application and server engineers to build solutions for Enterprise Holdings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years’ experience working in network design and implementation, network security, troubleshooting and operations
- 3+ years’ experience working with routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF
- 3+ years’ experience working with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP/RMON and RDP
- Experience with Cisco Routing and Switching Technologies for data center and campus networks utilizing Cisco IOS and NX-OS
- Experience SDN and other virtual solutions (i.e. Cisco ACI and NSX)
- Experience with Cisco Spine and Leaf topologies
- Knowledge working in Internet and DMZ environments using firewall products (i.e. Cisco ASA and Palo Alto)
- Knowledge of designing secure network infrastructure solutions
- Experience with packet capturing and protocol analysis.
- Project and time management skills
- Ability to work alone or in groups, managing multiple projects and finding solutions to keeping projects on track
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Experience or working knowledge with load balancing technology (i.e. F5 Networks)
- Understanding of Next Generation firewalls and associated security mechanisms such as VPN, IPSEC and SSL
- Experience or working knowledge with Campus WiFi technologies (i.e. Cisco WLCs and APs)
- Experience or working knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols
- Experience or working knowledge of scripting and markup languages (i.e. Python, JSON/XML etc.)
- Experience or working knowledge of automation platforms such as Ansible
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred