Engineer 2, Software (DevOps/AWS)
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands — which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations.
We are seeking an Engineer 2, Software to support our rapidly growing public cloud application and infrastructure portfolio. As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, Software on this team, you will collaborate with talented IT leaders to build, automate, and maintain our virtual environments, which enable delivery of innovative mobile and web solutions to our rental customers. This role will automate configurations and templates for various Linux based services, measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation and monitoring, and interface with multiple development teams to provide services and support. You will be responsible for modifying medium to complex code/scripts, and developing complex application code independently within or outside various teams using applicable technology. You will be responsible for performing local development builds, being a primary contributor in code reviews; performing unit and planning and coordinating implementation activities. Participate in on-call rotation, which includes 24 x 7 support of multiple complicated environments. You will work with cloud vendors and external technical support on upgrades, problem resolution, and design issues. This is an exciting role in a fast paced, collaborative team that strives to build and foster close working relationships with its software development team clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of experience in AWS with Services such as EC2, S3, VPC, Route53, IAM, and Lambda
- Experience working with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, or other similar capabilities developed as in-house tools
- Experience in and demonstrable knowledge of Linux user interface and commands
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash Shell, and/or Python
- Experience with software design methodologies, information systems architecture, object oriented design, and software design patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience in Jira, Bitbucket, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience in Linux packaging (rpm, yum, dpkg, etc)
- Experience with HTTP/Proxy servers (Apache, Nginx, Squid)
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting application platforms, with a preference for experience in working with Java web application platforms (e.g., Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Stackdriver, Cloudwatch, Sensu, NewRelic, or similar
- Experience with log aggregation and management tools such as Splunk, Loggly, Logstash, or similar
- Systems performance tuning and load testing is a plus
- Familiarity with large-scale systems and methodologies
- Development experience using Python