Engineer 2, Software ( Angular/Java)Job ID 257067
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
We are seeking an innovative and results oriented developer in our growing Risk Management (Insurance Services) area. This area is focused on the development of products and services for various stakeholders throughout the Risk Management lifecycle. This represents an opportunity for the right candidate to help drive the development of this new business line while also establishing a new and advanced technology platform. Specially, this candidate will be involved with establishing and maintaining the front-end client & data management for the ICE/Claims Platform.
As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for leading the development of applications to solve business, engineering, and scientific problems as well as the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions. You should have experience with hands-on development. This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests and refactoring to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications. You will innovate and collaborate on technological strategies working with a team of experienced product owners, architects, leads, developers and business resources to build highly-performing enterprise systems that improve business outcomes and increase staff productivity and financial performance. You will be using a variety of Agile/Scrum practices and participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings and review sessions, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, retrospectives and whole-team approach. You must be able to understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of Java or related development experience
- Proven experience with Web Services (REST, JSON, AJAX, and XML)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- High energy and personal drive
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Experience writing Java Servlets, and custom JSPs using Java 7 or 8
- Experience using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Experience creating and implementing SQL
- Experience with utilizing and implementing the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bamboo, Clover, Stash, etc.)
- Experience to open source frameworks and tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, jQuery