Engineer 2, Software (Java)Job ID 192719
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 8,300 branch locations across the world and more than 90,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.7 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
As an Engineer 2, Software (Java) you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of the technology services and solutions supporting the Rideshare emerging business line at Enterprise Holdings. This new and dynamic business line is independent from the traditional Rental operations and systems of Enterprise. Our products utilize a variety of cloud-based software and infrastructure solutions, offering the Engineer 2 of this area a unique opportunity to work in an environment much like a startup technology company would.
In this role you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of Java development
- 2+ years of experience using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Must possess a good understanding of OO design principles and patterns
- Experience working with Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- 2+ years of experience creating and implementing SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Leadership skills in a team environment
- Experience in Agile methodology and JIRA
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience in SOA
- Appian or other BPM platform experience strongly preferred
- Cloud based software application development experience
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience with source control management (GIT or SVN experience preferred)