Engineer 2, Software (Java)Job ID 257832
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
We are seeking an innovative and results oriented Engineer 2 for our IT Car Sales team. The IT Car Sales Department partners with our business and many different IT Teams to deliver technology solutions that support our retail Car Sales operations. Enterprise Car Sales operates approximately 136 dealerships throughout the United States. This team is focused on the development and modernization of products and services for the Car Sales business area. This represents an opportunity for the right candidate to help drive the development of this business line while also establishing a new and advanced technology platform.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2 on the IT Car Sales team, you will be responsible for leading the development of applications to solve business, engineering, and scientific problems as well as the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions. You should have experience with hands-on development. This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests and refactoring to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications. You will innovate and collaborate on technological strategies working with a team of experienced product owners, architects, leads, developers and business resources to build highly-performing enterprise systems that improve business outcomes and increase staff productivity. You will participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile like methodology). You must be able to understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of Java based software development experience
- Experience with Web Services (REST, JSON, AJAX, and XML)
- Experience creating and implementing SQL
- Experience with 3-tier web application development technologies: Struts 2, Spring Framework (Spring Core, Spring MVC), Hibernate, HTML, CSS, JQuery
- Experience with unit testing using JUnit
- Experience with Oracle database environment
- Must possess a deep understanding of OO design patterns
- Experience with source control systems (such as GIT, SVN)
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- High energy and personal drive
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or similar development methodology
- Experience with utilizing and implementing the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bamboo, Clover, Stash, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience with using Eclipse IDE, Maven and spring-batch
- Experience with scripting under Unix operating systems
- Experience with development of Virtual Services, and Test Automation tools
- Experience working with AWS