Engineer 2, Software (Pro C/Java)Job ID 249562
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Pricing Engine team is responsible for the support, maintenance and enhancements of the Pricing Engine products that calculate and provide rate data to multiple services layers and end clients. The team works closely with various service partners and client teams such as tablets, kiosks, mobile applications and websites to build a consistent rating experience for our customers. As part of this team you will support the development of new clients and enable our business to grow by building out new rating capabilities. In the next fiscal year, there will be several new initiatives that will focus on simplifying our pricing solutions and bringing consistencies across our different reservation and fulfillment systems.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, Software for the Pricing Engines team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, building, testing, implementing and supporting applications to increase the quality and effectiveness of our Pricing Engines product.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of Pro C development experience
- 3+ years Tuxedo Middleware experience
- 2+ years of Java development experience
- 2+ years of experience creating and implementing SQL
- Must possess a strong understanding of OO design principles and patterns
- Experience working with Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Leadership skills in a team environment
- Experience in Agile methodology and JIRA
- Experience in SOA
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience with source control management (GIT or SVN experience preferred)
- Experience in Tomcat
- Experience in Unix operating systems