job details at a glance
Primary LocationSt. Louis, MO - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
Engineer 2, Software
Enterprise Holdings, operating the National, Enterprise, and Alamo car rental brands is looking for an Engineer 2 to join our amazing Information Technology team! Enterprise Holdings is the largest and fastest growing privately owned automotive rental and leasing company in the North America.
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology, and IT is a critical area of the business. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands. Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful technical solutions for our branch locations and employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths.
As an Engineer 2 on the IT Revenue Management, you will be responsible for building and maintaining solutions that allow Revenue Managers to grow and maintain competitive business strategies, in an ever-growing global market. You will be responsible for applying your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of related experience
- 3+ years of experience developing software applications using Java or other object oriented programming languages (Can include education experience)
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams and business representatives
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced production environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Must have experience in full life-cycle development and end-to-end testing
- Must have the ability to effectively collaborate and work with others in a remote work environment
- Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible with changing priorities and requirements
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies
- Basic understanding or exposure to streaming analytics, unstructured data ingestion, and other real-time integration methodologies
- Experience with Hadoop and Big Data technologies (Nifi, Storm, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, or other Public Cloud environments
- Experience with HBase or other No SQL DBMSs
- Experience with Revenue Management concepts and business discipline
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with Git/Jenkins for configuration management and software build/deployments
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.