job details at a glance
Primary LocationSt. Louis, MO - US
Build Leading-Edge Customer Facing Technology Solutions
Your raw talent
We'll shape it into something special
Information Technology at Enterprise Holdings shapes the landscape of our business and the transportation industry. Here, you will be part of a growing innovative IT organization with access to the latest technology to build tools and systems helping to get our customers to their destinations faster. What does this mean for you? It means an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology alongside a team that is just as enthusiastic, creative and curious as you are. We believe the key to finding the best solutions is listening to and empowering our team and giving everyone an equal voice.
What you'll need to bring to the table
- Solutions Focused
- Leadership Potential
- Technological Expert
Your IT career
Here's what you need to know
Engineer, 2 - Software
Enterprise Holdings, operating the National, Enterprise, and Alamo car rental brands is looking for an Engineer 2, Software to join our amazing Information Technology team! Enterprise Holdings is the largest and fastest growing privately owned automotive rental and leasing company in the North America.
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology, and IT is a critical area of the business. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands. Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful technical solutions for our branch locations and employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths.
The Rental Operations Strategic Delivery department is responsible for the development and delivery of strategic projects across a suite of Rental Operations products, such as, ECARS, Home City Launchpad, Airport Tablet, Airport Handheld Quick Close and Gate Pass applications. Some maintenance responsibilities will exist during Warranty periods prior to handoff to the Rental Operations Solution team after project completion.
As an Engineer 2, you will work with others to implement foundational steps to build out our new API strategy. You will work with technical leadership to design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You will collaborate with other engineers and architects to provide design recommendations for implementing new solutions and business capabilities, ensuring PII and PCI security standards are met. You will be responsible for ensuring your tasks are completed and deadlines are met. You will also be required to meet key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team as we efficiently deliver high quality, innovative solutions that support simple and reliable experiences for our customers in an evolving transportation landscape. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to learn about all our existing Rental Operations fulfillment systems as well as leading teams focused on transforming these systems to be ready for the changing environment of our industry
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems
- 3+ years of related experience in core application development and troubleshooting
- Experience in application development using Java (Jakarta EE)
- Professional experience with Open API
- Professional experience with Web Services using REST
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or similar development methodology
- Experience in full software development lifecycle and end-to-end testing
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to various levels of management and with people with varying technical knowledge
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high demand, and challenging environment
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Ability to collaborate with others and recommend technical design decisions
- Proven ability to effectively coach and mentor other engineers and team members
- Familiarity with domain driven design principles
- Experience with cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or similar
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Spock and Karate
- Experience with performance tuning, caching, clustering and related concepts
- Experience working with an API Gateway Platform such as, Kong, Amazon API
- Experience programming in modern UI frameworks, such as, React and Angular
Working for a great company comes with rewards
Health and Wellfare Benefits
Profit Sharing and 401(k) Match
Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
Casual Work Environment
Our company culture
Our doors are open.
Ours is an inclusive environment. From employees to customers to business partners, we embrace the differences that make us successful and unique.
We strengthen our communities – one neighborhood at a time.
The Enterprise Holdings business began in neighborhoods. We owe our success to the people in the communities where we live and work. We're committed to supporting them and growing – together.
"Regardless of your role in IT, you are encouraged to be an active participant in helping to find a solution, which ultimately challenges you and provides you with stretch opportunities.”
Information Technology Opportunities
- Internships and Entry-Level Roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- People and Technology Leaders
- …and others. A variety of roles are available across our IT Functions.