Engineer 2, Systems (Mobility)Job ID 204247
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Mobility Engineering team is responsible for the discovery and development of technology solutions for our multi-brand rental market, with a specific focus on delivery of mobile technology platforms. This includes working with both internal and external customers to provide solutions. Additionally, this team is responsible for adherence and integration of existing products and standards.
As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, Systems on the Mobility Engineering team, you will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and supporting complex components of mobility hardware. You will assist with the development and support of the existing and new mobility technology, and help coordinate efforts with solutions in both physical and cloud-based environments.
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of experience with Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions such as Citrix XenMobile, Microsoft InTune, SOTI, or MobileIron
- Knowledge of the design, implementation, and support of Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions
- Experience in all phases of the development lifecycle, including use of formal requirement documentation and procedures, formal testing methodologies, implementation strategies, and monitoring techniques
- Experience with wireless network solutions
- Knowledge of consumer and enterprise mobile solutions, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies to include Android, iOS, and Windows operating systems
- Excellent problem-solving and innovation skills, while paying close attention to detail
- Excellent cultural awareness with a global mind-set
- The ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- The ability to develop new approaches/solutions for complex design problems, while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Strong leadership qualities, with proven experience working and communicating effectively across cross-functional teams
- The ability to manage a vendor by ensuring vendor involvement /presence, especially during high priority efforts
- Strong solution orientation and the ability to effectively work with planning teams to structure efforts and drive toward milestone completion
- Must be interested in exploring new technologies
- Must be capable of leading meetings, discussions, and/or troubleshooting efforts during stressful situations
- Demonstrated sucess and focus in delivering the highest, most consistent level of customer service to our customers and partners
- Support and/or participate in an on-call rotation schedule for 7x24 incident response and maintenance activities
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Familiarity of compliance requirements for mobile point of sale systems
- Experience with cellular carriers
- Experience with integrating Microsoft Office365 with mobile solutions