Engineer 2, SystemsJob ID 249878
The Information Technology (I.T.) department of Enterprise Fleet Management builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the operations of our Fleet management business spread across the country and Canada. Enterprise Fleet Management owns and operates almost 400,000 cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 80 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The IT Team supports a variety of applications that are financial and employee needs related. The different applications supported by this team include PeopleSoft Financials as well as proprietary applications. The various applications are on platforms including Java/Oracle, Microsoft/SQL Server/.NET, Oracle BI and Salesforce. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team because many of our applications are needed to support our expansion efforts.
The Engineer 2 - Systems is responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting moderately complex components of the systems infrastructure. This position is on the Windows Engineering team and will primarily be working on solutions based projects; integrating new technologies into the current infrastructure.
The Engineer 2 - Systems also provides issue and problem resolution for moderately complex issues, evaluates and integrates software and hardware requests while providing instruction, and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Minimum 3 years system engineering/administration experience in a relevant platform
- Familiar with operating system theory, core infrastructure, 3rd party software products, and client/server hardware components
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows servers, clients, and hardware is essential
- Excellent knowledge with core components of a Windows based infrastructure including Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Experience with Exchange, Skype, and SQL
- Experience with system management tools including SCOM and SCCM
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation and perform evening/weekend maintenance as necessary
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software products
Additinal skills include
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude
- Capacity to learn quickly
- Willingness to learn new technologies, platforms, and applications
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrate an aptitude for technology
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and individually
- Ability to work with others in person and on the phone
- Ability to follow documented procedures
- Balance individual growth and teamwork accomplishments